Quantec Beacon Cap 437 Helihoist 24V DC: the signal for safe passenger transport to and from offshore wind turbines
The safe operation of passenger transports on offshore wind turbines requires high level qualifications both on the part of the helicopter crews and on the part of the transported persons.
In addition, special technical equipment is required to support safe manoeuvring – for example, signalling from the wind turbine to the helicopter.
The beacon for heli-hoist applications, signals the helicopter crew with a green light that the wind turbine meets the requirements for safe abseiling of personnel onto the platform, especially with regard to the positions of the wind blades.
The beacon implements a Cap 437 Helicopter hoist status light with bracket into a single housing. It completely integrates the control inside a compact housing. Upon the connection of the power supply, each obstacle light system is ready for immediate use (plug&play).
- GNSS synchronized flashing
- Configurable flash rate
- Green light
- Helicopter hoist status light controlled over ModBus
- Mesh radio network (optional)
- Astronomical clock
- Integrated brightness sensor
- Integrated logbook records on/off timestamps, events and statistics for more than 20 years.
- Built in over-voltage protection: Class III according to IEC61643-11
- Maintenance free
- Corrosion resistant materials for all surfaces
- UV and ozone resistant optical units and seals
- Connection options:
- Connection terminal and cable gland for individual installation (standard)
- Single M16 connector for easy and fast installation (optional)
- Effective Intensity (green): adaptable, up to 500 cd
- Flash rate green: adaptable, up to 120 FPM
- Horizontal angle of radiation: 360°
- Vertical angle of radiation: According to CAP 437
Supported light profiles
- Cap 437 helicopter hoist status light
|Illuminants||8 green LEDs|
|Conformity||CE, RoHS, CAP 437 helicopter hoist status light|
|Supply voltage||18 – 30 V DC, nominal voltage 24 V DC|
|###Relay contact rating|
|Max. switching voltage||30 V AC / DC|
|Rated current||100 mA|
|Dimensions (H×W×D)||226,5 mm × 280 mm × 280 mm|
|Weight||Approx. 4.4 kg|
|IP rating||IP 68|
|Operating temperature||-40 °C to +55 °C (-40 to 131 °F)|
|Relative humidity||0 to 100% r.H.|
|Material||Anodized aluminum, seawater resistant|